Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, September 5, 2016

DRINK





Drink out of the sorrow in my heart
Drink out of the loneliness in my heart
I wore doubts and deeds
Misfortune of yesterday
Crack the feebleness of broken years
Wrapped in pain and disappointment
The night may be timid
But tomorrow is never going away
Who's going to make the pain go away
A destitute with no attitude
Mama never taught me to be a quitter
But ride when ever the sun rises
Tonight I am pouring my heart's out
You can't hold me down
I am overflowing the threshold
The world's lagging behind
Maybe I am too fast to be hindered
Maybe I should take a a break
Life got to have other plans
If I stay lucid in the mind

All Right Reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment