Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, May 12, 2017

AN INTERVIEW WITH MY EX



AN INTERVIEW WITH MY EX

Ex: How have you been?
Guy: I don't feel good, life has not been fair.

Ex: What happened, I hope you are not down the weather today?
Guy: I caught the flu since the moment I set my eyes on you. Think I am sick in my heart.

Ex: What you trying to say?
Guy: What I am saying is.. I made a terrible mistake letting you walk away. 

Ex: But whose fault is that? 
Guy: I never said it's your fault, just that I have been living with guilt lately and it's tearing me apart. 

Ex: You should have known better, but why didn't you stop me from leaving?
Guy: I asked myself the same question every day but eluded trying to figure it out. 

Ex: Well, don't you think its a bit late for that?... 
Guy: That's was what I thought at first but felt warmth on my pillow only whenever I think of you. It's like no one touches my heart, not like you used to.

Ex: But it will be hard to forgive and forget what you did to me.
Guy: On my knees saying I am sorry from the depth of my heart, back then I was a juvenile who didn't understand the meaning of love. That was foolish of me, I do hope you forgive me. 

Ex: But I caught you sleeping with my best friend.
Guy: Yes you did, I don't have an alibi, it's a one-time weakness because I was vulnerable inside.

Ex: I am in love with someone else, sorry, I don't think it can work out for both of us anymore.
Guy: I am not saying it will, but can we give it a fresh try, please can we? I want to be your Romeo, this time I am willing to die for you. I will leave the world behind for you. 

Ex: Are you crazy?
Guy: Yeah I am crazy, I will never be sane again if you are not part of my life.

Ex: But you hurt my feelings, why should I even think of putting up with you?
Guy: everyone makes mistake, it helps us to grow, but believe it when I tell you it hurts me even more. I have lost my appetite and zeal. I have lost everything thought I had, Including my sense of humor. 

Ex: I don't believe a dime what you just said, can you prove that to me?
Guy: Will it do if I cut my heart and give it to you, or I could stand in the middle of the road and let you run me over.

Ex: What..You mean you can do that for me?...
Guy: Yeah, I will do anything for you, I will do all it takes to win your heart back.

Ex: How about proposing to me, right here, right now...
Guy: Smile! I am a step ahead of you, here is an engagement ring I bought, safely stashed in the left inner pocket of my jacket. There is also a bottle of champagne on the back seat of my car so we can celebrate.

Ex: Wow, I am short of words, don't know what to say.
Guy: Please, say I do...

All Rights Reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment