Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, June 9, 2018

I MISS YOU

DEDICATED TO BABY SISTER WHO PASSED AWAY NOT LONG AGO


We shared many secrets
Despite we often don't get along
It is difficult to sleep in the house
It is been empthy since you are gone

I thought the pain will go away
Instead there is a big hole in my heart
Wish I could have persuaded you to stay
It is unbearable, a world without you around

I still wake up in the middle of the night in tears
Turned on the light, hoping to see you lying on the bed 
You are the joy of all my happiness
A baby sister with a very big heart

No woman alive can ever take your place
You light up the house with smile in a special way
We had arguments, a lot of fight, each ended with a truce
I remembered the good times we had yesterday

Wish I can see your face, hug you one more time
Life is going too fast, wish I could hold your hand
To everyone you are kind, always lending a helping hand
You are mom's precious gem since you were a child

Time disappeared, my heart died
The moment I looked at your casket
Farewell beloved sister, you are now in God's hand
You are now in a better place at rest

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment