Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

REDEMPTION




I woke up in the middle of the night
Little children kidnapped
I saw the whole world crashing before me
Famine and starvation in Maiduguri

Homes shattered, families devastated in Florida
Corruption eating away Africa
Suicide bombing ravaging the street
Girl child rapped and murdered

This is too much to bear within me
I tried to sleep but the night is scary
How can I when the world is falling apart
A world a mother and child can't be protected 

I cried many tears and pray
For the storm to go away
Fertile land for our homes and community
Human forgiven of infirmity

If only man can put his differences aside
Embrace each other with an open heart
The sins of man is leading to condemnation
Will you join me say a prayer of redemption?

All Rights Reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment