Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, February 18, 2017

THE DAY I DIED



I died a long time ago
The moment I let my conscience go
What is the essence of life in the dark?
A person living in the past

Life illuminate around a man
Day dreaming with an open mind
Determined and ambitious
The picture of the sky he sees

I have been going about life in circle
Lost in thoughts and concentration
Enslaved to doubts, procrastination 
A book never opened for recession

A mind feeble of decision
Can never go very far
Like a faulty car parked on the drive way
Waiting for a tow truck to come rescue

Do not sit around as the day walk by
Search the heart for glimpses of light
Success begins in a man with positive will
The art of self determination

All Rights Reserved © Akan E Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment