Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Sunday, October 28, 2018

LITTLE GIRL


Little girl
Left out to fend by her self
She cries out in the depth of the night
For a kiss and a bed time hug
For a mother's unprecedented love
But there is no one out there that heed to her call

What could she have done to deserve this cruelty?
Of a world lust for wealth and power 
No one cares in the world any more 
No one cares how many tears she cries
I can not tell you not to hate the world
I can't blame you for being sarcastic to every one

Oh little girl, it is almost time for the sun to be up
Let him hold your hand and lite your smile
You can become great, prove the world wrong
It saddens the heart that your father rejected you
And your mother could not help but abandon you
This made you grow up without a family but all alone

I am sorry, my words might not be comforting
Can you allow the flower in your heart to be tendered?
Open your heart to forgive and forget
I know you are strong, you are a brave little girl
I pray you find the courage to move on
Prove to the world that you are now grown up

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment