Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, July 22, 2019

I WANT TO KNOW YOU LORD


I want to know you lord
Why you chose to love me so
Despite by impunity
Forsake me not you did

You turned my night into day
Took away the darkness looming in my way
In weakness, I am made strong
You protect the afflicted and helpless

And provided everything he needs
Mercy, love, and kindness are of your name
By the day or by night, you walk by my side
Never did you turn your back on me

I am a living being today because of your grace
No other man touches my life like you did today
I am indebted to you the almighty lord
I am grateful for lifting my soul from damnation

The devil cast my soul into the hands of death
The enemies gathered around to mock me
Though helpless It seems on my strength 
With a mighty hand Lord, you delivered me

Exposed the devil and my enemies to shame
In my life made the impossible possible
Took me out of the enemy camp harmless
Because your grace is sufficient for me

But I am like a filthy rag in your presence 
Yet find me useful in your courtyard to serve
I want to know more of you Lord
To forever praise and exalt your holy name

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment