Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, October 10, 2020

HOLD MY HAND

Dedicated to my mom, Late Mrs. Affiong Udofia


I am holding up a load

The burden is weighing in

How can I reach you?

How can I survive this through?


I smile outwardly from a wounded heart 

I missed you every day that passes by

But I do not wish to stop

A mother caring as you do stands priceless

They say memories fade away over time

But this is different

Thinking of you makes me smile always

I would not forget you for eternity


Wish you could hold my hands again 

Bring me to heaven with you, please

Without you, life is not the same

I do not believe love would ever walk away


I miss sitting at you back to the market

I miss the soft words you would say

To cheer me up when am feeling sad

I miss your warm hugs and kisses


The world may have forgotten 

I know you are watching over me from heaven

Tonight, no matter how long it takes

I will wait for you by the window


I hope you will come back home

And stay for a little while 

If God would permit it

I will rather prefer you stay forever


All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment