Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Sunday, June 20, 2021

MY PRIDE

 



You thought me everything I knew
And lead me to a wonderful life
I have never regretted a day
Your love protects me each day

You are a miracle
Patient and forgivable
You understood I needed time to grow
Despite learning for me was slow

A wise man once said
I do not need a gun to be bold
But express compassion to the world
To save a life Is more precious than


old

If there is one thing I want to celebrate
Is to appreciate God for having a dad
No amount of wealth in the world
Can measure up the sacrifices you shed

When young and lost in the world
I could hear every word you said
Son be careful lest you want to fall
Proudly, today I can stand up tall

Today, I am successful and happy
My dreams afar I can foresee
You will forever be a part of my life dad
Gave away from your heart selflessly with pride

All Rights reserved © Akan Udofia 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment