Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, March 16, 2015

A POEM FOR MAMA



Oh mama, what will I do without you?
How far would I have gone, if not for you?
You taught me how to walk and crawl
You taught me to stand up tall when I fall

You taught me there is no shame in failure
Every man need have something to fight for
You are the brightest of all the stars
You groomed me into a man under your wings

Fortunes and luxuries can’t match the sacrifices
The love, affection, care, support and tears
Through difficult times, you bleed for me
Thousands of miles, your words abide still with me

You taught me I could change the world
You believed in me, despite i was just a little boy 
I would never lose a smile, if the world falls

You are made in heaven, the day the sun calls


All Rights Reserved (c) Akan E. Udofia 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment