Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

SOMEONE HELP ME






Can someone help me before I lose my mind?
Can someone help me before I lose my wife and child?
Everyday and night on the street, it get my spirit high
Recklessly on the wheel, steering a heart blur and ready to fly

Its destroying my future, my home, my marriage and my pride
Six years gone down the drain, holding too long to the past that's died
I fell in love to liquor and life turned completely upside down
I couldn't anymore find happiness, if I am today not high

Life is miserable, couldn't find a decent reason the heart to sustain
I put my family through jeopardy, regrets, shame and also pain
I got callous and couldn't faced my problems as a man
My wife is paying the faults of giving up her dream to be with her man

I am so sorry I made my family cry, on my knees, I asked God for a new start
I want to be a loving husband, who buys his wife flowers that matches her heart
Take his family out and treat them like angels they deserved
Always there to care and leave in their heart a smile forever bind

But my flesh is weak and weary to fight this foe
The heart is fragile and can't fight the urge to say no
Can someone help me before things get out of hand?
Can someone please help me, I need to get these misery out of my mind?

All Rights Reserved (c) Akan E. Udofia 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment