Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, June 27, 2016

MON AMOUR (MY LOVE)

A poem for Airio Portia, dedicated to her husband.



Forever, I will hold you close to my arms 
So time never lapse between us 
Like an angel, you fell into my world from the sky 
Heaven knew I needed a miracle to fly 

You broke my heart the day you proposed to me 
How can an angel love me so blindly 
Accept my imperfection and brings out the best in me 
Came into my dream and rescued me 

It's like counting the stars 
My love for you is endless 
The feelings I have for you can't be drenched 
Nor quenched is the fire burning in my heart 

My love, you are my most priced possession
On the altar last night I made a confession 
To spend every breath with you 
You're the reason my world is beautiful 

I see the tenderness in your eyes 
That true love don't lie 
Every night I died in your arms 
And wake up the morning in Paradise 

All Right Reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment