Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

IN MY SLEEP





I smell the roses in my sleep
Dying of neglect
On my knees earnestly I pray
For a world remorsefully decay

Day and night, souls gone
To a receded path unknown
Life unappreciated
As death toll household

Why is man callous and indifferent?
The choices made in our society
God gave man redemption
The gift of life through salvation

Man preferred to languish in iniquity
Condemned his soul to slavery
Many sleepless night I wept
Rejection of heavens priceless gift

What does a man have to lose?
Life is deteriorating around us
The clock's ticking awkwardly fast
A world unsafe to tide

Please, I don't want to lose you
Happiness is found in the gospel
A better world in heaven
Street made of golden gravel

 All right reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment