Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, November 7, 2016

THERE WAS A TIME



 
There was a time
The human mind bore consciousness
Beauty of living a resourceful life
Of the mind free of conjugation

A world perfect 
Flowers tendered in the garden
Trees growing as high as the sky
Sunset kisses the rose as the morning lie

Clouds were made of dreams
A good life for all sundries
Summer lasted longer in the heart
Families rejoicing forever

I remember mom and dad's loving hugs
The thoughts of catching a rainbow
Thoughts of running down the field chasing butterflies
Laying on the grass watching the stars

It could be extremely dark when the light's out
Somehow I knew I would catch fireflies 
Reflecting on my dreams
Memories I could never trade

All Rights Reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment