Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Sunday, May 19, 2019

AM I WORTHY?


I am grateful you took me in
Raised me like I was your own
You looked beyond my wretchedness
Made my wellbeing your utmost priority

It is strange how you favored me
Nutured me like a tender seed
And watched me grow in grace
I am happier than any man could be

I still can not fathom in this world
Someone can love me unconditionally
You took my burden upon your shoulder
Traded your life on the cross so mine would live

I am free from the bondage of the devil
Free from eternal condemnation and death
Like a touch, your love reflects on my life
Took away the darkness looming in my soul

Ever since, the sun rested above my head
The angels watch over me wherever I lie
Not so long ago, I was depressed and miserable
But now I leave like a king, ordained to be great

Al Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment