Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

YOU ARE MY ANGEL



You are my angel
Closer to me, this I can tell
Every thought in my heart
Is you that is vividly in the picture

My feeling is like a transparent glass
You can see through my emotions
I can not create a false impression
Hope it is okay, this is not an obsession

I tried to slow down a little 
But my emotion is out of control
I see you laying on the bed in my dream
I was naive and confused, yet could not scream

At sight of you, my heart beats faster
I grew up in Lagos, yet felt like a complete stranger
Everyone around was sarcastically staring at me
But why did you have to walk into my dream?

Their stare made me feel like I was cheating
All I have is a picture of you in my heart hanging
Please tell me something
Do you have nightmares in heaven when sleeping?

Oh no, sorry if I have overstepped it
Should you know, I am ready to give away my heart
I do not see why you and I can not hold hands
Kiss you again and again, until I am out of consciousness

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment