Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, August 15, 2019

AFRAID


It is difficult not to be afraid
Being a constant victim to hostility
I am but a little girl to the outside world
But behind the wall at night, my life is at threat

Until I moved in, my stepdad never had a pet
I became a prey, fighting to catch my breath
Bruises on my ankles, pain on my chest
Each day I am drawn closer to death

At a tender age of eight, I lost my virginity
What is left of me is a shattered fragile bird
Mothers are brutal in my world
Without hesitation, picked a side with my stepdad

Betrayed by my own mother who broked my heart
Suddenly we became strangers instead
Now there is not a star in my cloud
It is much worst than having a bad dream at night

The threat to my life is a constant reality
I lost everything that could make a young girl proud
Bit how could the world turn her back to a child
Who is going to save me, or am I cursed?

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment