Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, August 21, 2020

THE FEELINGS IN MY HEART

I tried to discern my heart

But she broke away into the sky

Yet never came back

Then life became blank


I look through the silver screen

Maybe I can find a way to fix this

But my feelings begin to get hurt

I cannot tell the difference


It seems I am living a life from the past

Where the world detested me

But why should I carry such a burden 

The weight of an ill-fated world


There is a lot of things I never had

No father to hug and nurture me

Nor mother to kiss and care for me

Not a privilege to chase after my dream


Do not attempt to cram my head with your sermon

There is a lot of things about me you never knew

There is a void weighing down my heart

The older I fetch, the pain is severe


The memories in my head start to hurt

I cannot pull myself together

Wish I have someone to cradle my hands

Maybe the heart will smile again


All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment