Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

DOOR OF LIFE




Walking by the hallway, I came across a door that read eternal
I was skeptical at the beautiful inscription boldly written on it
I held on the knob and pushed the door opened
A white light flashed through my eyes so bright

It flashes away the burden in my heart
I saw someone like an angel beckoned me  in
He showed me all the good things I could have in life
He told me its possible to have a new life

If only I repent in my heart, let regret and hate go away
Open my heart to allow God's guidance in life's journey each day
I remembered, mom used to read me a story in the bible at bed time
The scene keeps flashing on my head, like I was still nine

I remembered those words vividly, you can't make it on your own without God
So I went down on my knees praying for the grace of God
I woke up sweating, I was restless all through the night
Then it struck me, that I can't make it going through life the wrong path

Not without leaning on the promises of God
So I sat up the rest of the night praying
I couldn't ask for more, but to have an eternal life
God's angel, watching over me day and night


All Rights Reserved (c) Akan E. Udofia 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment