Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, May 2, 2015

PRISONER





Beneath the heart of broken shells
Lies a prisoner
With thoughts tied to fetters
Of man downcast with life of an outcast
I am here trickling the earth's ear
To lend an open ear

Beneath the smiles
Kissing the cheeks
Lies a prisoner
Tormented by the throne
Deprived the air
Of a golden scent

 And pushed to the dust
Where soles kiss and spat
Let the earth unzip its ears
And bear my thoughts
Those of a prisoner
With sagged trousers and dreams

The street is my abode
A slum with pride
Home to hearts
Tied to chains of agony
Destiny snores in my dreams
Here I march on tattered shoes
Scrubbing the streets with my broken heels
Till my life is free like birds in the wild


Composed by Awa Chigozie Jerome and Akan Udofia E. ...All Rights Reserved © 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment