Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, September 12, 2015

MY CALABASH


My calabash is filled with hope
Pure, carrying the wisdom my ancestors
The villagers might not believe in me
Yet we all walk on the sand with sanders

No one knows where the stream flows from
Yet it never runs dry as she flows down the valley
The sun may set in the morning from the east
It may rain heavily today down the south

It never stops a child from dreaming
I hold my calabash with expectations in my head
To fulfill the desire of a weary heart
Laugh at me if that's all you care

I will drink on behalf of you my foe
While you watch the stars Carrying my dreams
Someday I will sweep away the doubts in your mind
I will ask the birds to sing to your past

The gods to put on you, a garment is worn of pride
My calabash holds not just my dreams
But dreams of every soul lost or cast
Doesn't matter what you believe in

All Right Reserved (c) Akan E. Udofia 2015
Whatsapp: +2348057933767 

No comments:

Post a Comment