Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, May 20, 2017

MERCIFUL LORD




Merciful Lord, mighty lord
May thou name be exalted
Through tempest and raging storm
Peace and joy in the heart restored

There is something amazing about You
In Your presence nothing is impossible
Impatiently when I disobeyed thy words
Never turned me down but forgave my unfaithfulness

I am grateful for the hills and fountains
The beauty of the flowers, tress and grasses
Thou created man in thy beauty and likeliness
Gave him dominion over the lands and seas

Thy son through human pain and humiliation
Paid the ultimate sacrifice for human retribution
Today, I can walk boldly amidst the enemies camp
No harms befall me, You are always by my side

All Right Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment