Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Sunday, May 14, 2017

HE RESTORED MY SOUL



From the palms of death, He restored my soul
Fought every battle the enemies wedged at me
The violence man set ambush all about me
Yet I walk in and out in the threshold of His glory

Who are mine to be counted worthy
To stand and behold your presence Lord
You are the king of kings, creator of heaven and earth
Blessed man with gladness of a unique heart

Each day is a testimony of Your grace upon me
Indicating the rise of a new sun above me
A birth of greatness yet abound
Until this borrowed life is at her end

I could never see sorrow again
No reason to wait through hamattan for the rain
For everyday spent with You
Is sweeter and glorious in full

There is never a moment of distress
A drop of divine care and love, I did not lose
In a world purged to an eternal condemnation
Thy blood breath in man new hope of resurrection

All Right Reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment