Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, November 25, 2017

I AM COMING HOME



The distance between us seems unending 
Every time I want to be close to you 
When ever I try to reach out to you
The sky is getting further away my rear view 

Am I still in love with you? 
This to the heart I regretfully asked 
Without doubt, I love you very much 
Even for a friend I shouldn't have been far away from 

I am tired of drifting beyond the sea 
A sailor shipwrecked and floating in an open sea
The heart will not survive such cruel life very long 
Thoughts of losing you is sinking deep
 
Believe me, I know how awful it gets 
Laying under the cloud in the wake of a lonely night 
All my life is centered around you 
The air I breath, the water I drink, my appetite 

I am sorry for the discomfort I put you through 
Should the feelings build around you collapses 
I would hate the world and everything in it 
Not even the sun will bring back my smile 

You may say I don't understand a women's heart 
Watching tears dripping as the candle burns out 
For what ever reason, please do not hang my call Darling hold on, I am coming home 

Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment