Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, December 2, 2017

A LETTER TO CYNTHIA




Dear Cynthia, Pardon me to dip my pen into a ink
And pour out my feelings in black and white
The Lurking feelings I have been holding back
For years I have been lonely and sad

Walking around with an unsettled mind
I could not fight my emotions right in front of you
Dying in abject silence, yet nothing I could do
When a man is in love, he becomes broken and weak

To the alluring qualities that sums a woman's heart
Her looks, her charming smile and sense of humor
They are too inviting to look away from, this has no cure
For me girl, can you keep a secret?

I love you more than a child possibly loves chocolate
Thoughts of you have shattered my heart
They are endlessly running free inside
I sat under the moonlight

Imaging what you see
When you look up the sky past the tree
I could see a picture of you and me
Strolling down the ridges in my dream

Wherever this letter may find you
Know that someone out there cares about you
And is dying of a symptom un-diagnosed
For a reason of genuine love withhold


All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment