Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, April 26, 2018

THE SCENT OF SORROW




You say I am beautiful 
But love could not find me 
You say I am happy
But I am dying in silence 

If wishes are real 
Why am I still dreaming? 
Every day, out on the street 
All I see is human suffering 

Does it mean the world is lost?
She is unambiguously disoriented 
That love cannot wipe away the scar 
Not even for the tears of a little child

If this is the definition of life 
I will be better off dead 
I can no longer bear to see humanity 
Treated like stray goats

Do not we used to have conviction? 
A mind not of hateful retention
There are bloodstains on the side walk 
Yet we walk blindly and could not see 

Is it until the sun is gone? 
The stars and moon burnt 
That we will come to perceive 
The scent of sorrow

 All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment