Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

I AM NOT FAR FROM YOU




I am not far from you
But pretend I do not remember 
How you make my heart burn 
Fragrance of your love envelope the sky

Sometimes I imagine 
You and I running far away 
Somewhere we can listen 
To the silence in our hearts 

Your smile illuminates the pathway 
To an unimaginable sense of joy
Never will I let your love get stolen 
I will guild her with all I have

Purely and refreshing is the feeling 
Of lying in your bosom 
I am going out to watch the moon 
She reminds me so much of you 

To fall not in love with you 
Is such a dangerous task 
Every moment I touch your pretty lips 
I fall a thousand feet

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment