Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Sunday, May 13, 2018

SOMETIMES



Sometimes I try to picture myself
Amidst life sailing through a subtle river
At times I wait effortlessly
In the mist of a raging storm fiercely totting me

The search for a purpose, seemingly
Endless even unto my dying breath
Several doors broken and severely damaged but not one
When there is a will, a door is left ajar to enter

Maybe the shattered mirror lying on the cabin floor
Same as the one I see in my old coffee cup is
The one build on a fragile wooden frame
Maybe the rain washed
Window blind got entangled in the storm

Or maybe I am just a Polaroid
Living in a state of obliviousness
As I take one step backward to retraced the heart
To find my self
Rain brought traces of hope that I shouldn't lose myself
That the need of self actualization in life is but a strong vendetta!!!

©Akan Udofia ...7th May, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment