Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, December 17, 2018

PUREST OF HEART


Lord help me
To have the purest of heart
The mind is a snare
Lusting after the things of life

I dine in sin daily
By compromising my faith
Your grace is sufficient for me
The flesh I wear is weak

She takes advantage of me
For an excuse of my trespasses
Because You are forgiven and kind
Doesn't permit self righteousness

I heard whispers in my sleep
My deeds will only bring about death
Both to the soul and spirit  
The heart and the body as a whole

I will be tormented within
Cast into the eternal flame
Help me to be of a clean heart
A heart seeking after your will

I want to be forgiven
To everyone whom have scorned me
Reproof to anger and hate
Reproof to pride and prejudice

Take my life and plant your words
On the fleshy table of my heart
At the end of this journey on earth
l seek to wear the purest of heart

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment