Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, September 5, 2014

JESUS LOVES ME



Jesus loves me, this I know
For the bible tells me so
He gave me eyes, His glory I see
He gave me lips his praises to sing

He gave me a heart and feelings meek
I can hug a loved one
Welcome in a stranger
I can walk freely all around the world

He gave me his words
So I wouldn’t be worried about the future
Like trying to measure the length of the sky

He loves me so much
That the enemies wonder why
He walks with me where ever I thread
My sins on the cross, He sacrificed and shed

Life today is filled with questions
Like why we sometimes cry
Why wickedness enveloped the world
Why do loved ones get to die

Jesus loves you too, this I know
He gave us the wonderful things in life for free
So someday you and I would replicate
Plant a tree into the heart of another soul


I am so glad that he saves me
My spirit in the grave it will not lay
Through the difficulties of life 
He is abundantly able to see us through


© Akan Udofia E

No comments:

Post a Comment