Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WE COULD HAVE BEEN FRIENDS



We could have been friends all the way
But you let my feelings slipped away
Day and night I saved a prayer for you and me
I made wishes to the stars for our friendship to stay for eternity
I was willing to give to you all I've got
But my trust each day you made to rot
I have got joy in my heart to want to share my secrets with you
You seem to want to hurt me overtime, why, I don't have a clue
I notice the night is no longer smiling at me through the cloud
The trust I once had for you are now vogues and raucous
You made me doubt my own emotions
You let me fall when I needed a friend to hold my hands
I thought we were meant to forever be friends
I really hate the situation at hand, it’s so thin
For we could have been best of friends, you and me


 © Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment