Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, June 26, 2015

EVERYDAY






Everyday on the street hustling to make doe
Before I step out, get upon my knees and start to pray
Mama used to say son, let God be your strength and guild
Someday the sun's going to reside in your heart 

The night came so fast, life left no spoil for the day
The world became dark, I couldn't afford a heart going astray
So I bought a little lamb and kept it close to my heart
If I can't find the sun, will light a smile in my heart

I learnt its possible to live a life one's wishing for
No need to take the gun to rob to achieve what one's seeking for
Its dangerous to live a life compromised with grieve
Everyday miracle occurs for those who only believe

No one told me life was going to be uneasy
The rain came and fell upon my dream in the evening
Yesterday faded away, for God gave me a brand new day
I found a life without strife and regrets, filled with better day

All Rights Reserved (c) Akan Udofia E. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment