Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, June 11, 2015

EXILE








Mournful are words dying
Starving and screaming to be heard
The heart subtle, mind yearning
Heaven knows they are not dead

Scribes around the world read my tales
Yet I starve for bread and shelter for the soul
Waited in the rain, but the heart keeps burning
The world yet marvel at my story

I search and seek for solace
Wade injustice to a life I grew unwieldy fighting
Unconsciously, a sober thought crossed my path
To find a home to redeem this plight

I have been walking in the world naked 
My thoughts cloth in insanity
Fed in ink, I will survive the cruelty of life
Till the world shred the message in my heart

The heart cast away to rot in an unprecedented world
Where the sun is dim, the cloud's gray
Lost in a world of ecstasy
A poet on exile with a message and a will

All Rights Reserved (c) Akan Udofia E. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment