Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, August 28, 2015

NOT LIKE YESTERDAY










You told me you are doing fine

Search your heart and tell me it's not a lie

Thought I'll find your smile between the stars

But it's blown away and left behind a scar



So I looked deep down the moments spent with you

Don't see you hugging me in my dreams, not like you used too

Why are you hiding your feelings behind a fragile smile?

Why you spending the night all alone, when I could lend you mine?



The storm's coming; please don't get your emotion tossed away

Don't need to change the way you feel about me today

I am not leaving without a piece of you in my heart stay

Can't let this guilt go astray, not like yesterday



All Right Reserved (c) Akan E. Udofia 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment