Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS







I never choose to beg on the street

But the world became greedy

Life selfish, impatient and demanding

And made me a victim deprived of the necessity of life



I asked God if my sins are immeasurable

That I have to suffer all my life

Come rain, sun shine and harmattan

Hope's clinging on arms vouched



I can't take this no more

This is not the life I asked for in my mother's womb

Life is at the verge of deteriorating

I can only seek and hope to feed from crumbs



The world sees me cursed for the sins of my forefathers

But why am I the one paying the price?

Don't I deserve a decent life like others?

A life not lived in thrash



All Right Reserved (c) Akan E. Udofia 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment