Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, May 27, 2016

IF I WERE A GIRL





If I were a girl
I will be a rose in my mama's heart
Let God be my strength and guide
Always fighting for what is right

I would rely on my conscience and in her confide
We both share same emotions and feelings
The bible tells me to guide my body with envy
Its priceless, the world will treasure me

I am not perfect and prone to mistakes
But my heart wouldn’t be compromised
If at a point in life I want to cry
I've got to shed tears for the right reasons

When a guy ask me out
I would politely smile, tell him I am preoccupied
But if the heart tells me otherwise
I'll be conscious when I am hanging out

You would say I am a man living in a world of fantasy
I don't understand how a woman feels
But I do know mankind, God gave free-will
There is nothing wrong for one to be careful

If I were a girl
I will place my looks carefully
Buy a dress that matches the heart
Walk around with a woman's pride

I will learn to be independent
Learn when to walk away and when to trust in a man
If for a reason I have doubts in a relationship
I will ask God if I am falling in love with the right man
If I were a girl
I will support the dreams of my man
Give my kids’ mother’s unfeigned love
For a woman is the virtue of her man

All Rights Reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment