Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, May 13, 2016

MY MOTHER



You sat and watch over my infant years
Gave up a life time worth of sacrifice
And your comfort so for me you can be there
Today, I know you to be an angel

In your bosom I found
Love, care, compassion and hope
I grew up a humble man from a godly home
Taught me to stand upright when ever I fall

Told me moral stories under the moonlight
Why I don't need to fight to prove I am right
Because of you mother, I'll never lost my path
For you're my author and my guide

I've vowed to be a better man to my children and wife
And to love you the rest of my life
If I will write a song over and over again
I would say without mothers like you, the world would be disdain
All Rights Reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment