Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Thursday, July 28, 2016

REHAB




Life out of rehab took me a day at a time
Recuperating to the essence of life
Life is demanding and incomprehensible
The word so narrow, I see the picture of who I am inside

I starved and starved hoping I would lose my appetite
But couldn't separate my past from who I have become
It hurts me everyday and at night in my sleep
Sometimes it feels like I am hallucinating

Yet I fell the pain in my heart in the morning
It's rough and difficult out here
Sleeping with guilt of a frustrating week
Its not easy but friends never gave up on me

At first I couldn't share my story with the world
Preying eyes judging me the rest of my life
Each day staying up longer
And my night's getting colder

I may never catch up with life
I may never be able to change my past
But I wouldn't give up trying
Not until I am sober again

All Rights Reserved © Akan E. Udofia 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment