Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

NO PLACE LIKE HOME





There is no place like home 
Going back to a happy family where I am from 
Parents whom I missed very much 
Little kids running around messing the couch 

Home is where you find love that cannot be bought 
A place the sun never gets old 
Happiness resides in every heart 
Everyday is like an holiday right from birth 

I once thought when I go far away 
I will be happy in a million way 
Oh, how much I missed playing in the sand 
All dirty and groomed, ready to be smacked

Catching rainbows in a bucket or a bow 
Playing hide and seek in the bedroom wardrobe 
I had a good memory living outside the city 
My parents where always fond of me 

In the city, I hoped to find friendship on street 
But found out while I was asleep 
Someone took the lights out 
There's been no sign of the moon about a week 

In the city, I knew something was missing in me
From Lagos to Asaba, Abuja up to Maiduguri 
I could run away as far as I want to go 
But it cannot be like home sweet home 

All Rights reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment