Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, July 7, 2017

THE LAST TRAIN







Despair reside in my heart 
For many tears I have cried 
Sadness sharing a sit tonight
Where happiness left me by 

Oh darling, I need your smile 
Everyday of my life 
Please do not let me die 
I want you by my side 

I have been waiting yesterday 
Cannot get the feeling out of my mind 
Every time I see a light 
A sound coming from a distance 

I run anxiously on the track 
I long for your arms to lie 
But was told I had to wait until midnight 
That is when the your train will arrive 

Maybe this is all a bad idea 
What if I do not find you tonight? 
My fragile heart cannot stand a heartbreak 
It would drive me out my mind 

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment