Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, August 12, 2017

DAY DREAMING OF YOU




At first, it is like day dreaming
My heart skips anytime I think about you
You are amazing, one-of-a-kind
Special in every single way

Last night I stumbled upon a broken star
And the night got awfully sad
But when I heard the record
Of your subtle voice play

It takes my heart far away
For a walk on a golden treasurable day
I would rather give up my most precious possession
Than allow feelings for you get stolen

A girl like you do not often come by
For you, any thing you say I will do
Nothing is worth that much
Compared to a drop of your smile

I searched the world but it was all in vain
It is like playing a chess game without the queen
With just pawns, I be a vulnerable king
I would not go very far without you

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment