Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, August 12, 2017

TWINKLE LITTLE STAR





Twinkle little star
How I wonder where you are
At night when I am down and feeling sad
Can't find you by my side

I bought a bucket of dreams and wishes
To share with you and my buddy Chris
Mom always told me wishes can fly
Tonight I am going to give it a try

I have always dreamt someday to be a superstar
My pictures in a magazine just like a movie star
The way you smile tells you are special
With tiny sparks of joy dripping come night fall

Sometimes I feel nervous talking to you
For a friend, you are unique and so cool
The next time you take a walk on the cloud
I will walk you home before the sun gets back

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment