Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

SCARED OF LOVE




You are getting cold feet
Every time I asked you out on a date
You do not have to keep avoiding me
Your secrets are safe with me

Love sometime get us hurt with scars
Makes one lose everything she has
Self confidence, trust and  charming smile
Leaving the heart emotionally bankrupt to die

I am not a devil you projected men to be
I am not perfect, this I would not disagree
But I have a conscience, just as much as you
To sit beside you, cherish you is all I want to do

I know what you have been through
I promise to be there for you
Please permit me to hold your hand
To be a friend you can rely on until the end

Your heart is broken before
I know you are scared of falling in love
I will treasure you with every bit of my heart
Do not despise me for trying to love you as deserved

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment