Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Saturday, August 26, 2017

IN THE MORNING



I woke up five o clock in the morning
All I see around me is a world burning
I can not imaging such harmful stories
What I hear every where is human decries 

Political diseases eating the people 
Human sacrifice and rituals a constant evil 
Hatred and envy amidst saints in the church 
Tribal killings getting out of reach

Gay and lesbianism on the high rise 
Injustice eating away innocent lives 
Malnutrition residing in a once happy home
Unemployment leading nations to doom

The sun does not shine bright anymore 
Life is deprecatory worst than before
As I opened my eyes and behold the morning breeze
I prayed for man to be forgiven of his sins

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment