Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Sunday, September 10, 2017

UNFLAWED






When I pull up a pen and sheet of paper
The thoughts that run through my mind
Literally cannot be defined
Despite memorizing them in my heart

Blood shed clotting my vision
Hatred caressing my mind
Tears of the lonely struggle
Weakness of a man with pride

No one knows what I have being through
Dreams broken; shredded into pieces
Tossed away into the sea to drown
An attempt by the world to shut me down

Watch me closely once your eyes are wide open
Like a bright light shining above the sky
My dreams and visions cannot die
Not as long I can spare a drop of breath 

Some call me hypocrite; some say I am a loser
But the end will justify the means
I don’t make promises I cannot keep
Who are you to judge me?

I could never get to my peak
The sun always shining down at me
In life, I could only beat myself up
Betraying the sacrifices of a mother

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment