Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Inspired Word, Mixed Emotions



I look at the page
Empty and bare
I think of the words
I need to write there
The more that I think
The tears start to flow
They urge me to print
My feelings to show

I write and I write
My heart in your hands
I pour out my feelings
You don’t understand
The more that I write
My tears spill out less
I start to get angry
My words are a mess

I screw up my paper
Start once again
Fill up my paper
With words full of pain
I write then I read
I read and erase
When I imagine you reading
And the look on your face

My anger now melting
My words become kind
The hatred I felt
Now far from my mind
I pour out my feelings
My emotions the guide
I now fill up my paper
Words of love from inside

copywritten@susanworrall/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment