Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Friday, July 13, 2018

UNDERNEATH THE SMILE



Don't misjudge me
Because I wear a smile
That life is not resentful 
We all have problems buried wetin

Life is but a journey
Man must trek through
I have had my own share of regrets
My feelings too have being compromised

I break down and cry
Can not always hold the tears looming in my eyes 
There is that urgency
To hide behind the door 

But the state of my mind
Subduing the negativity in my head
It rains and fell upon my wretched heart
Took away doubt, rejection, insecurity

Depression that was once creeping in my mind
Then the sun came knocking at my door
My contentment blew wild
Ever since I have being wearing a smile

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment