Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Monday, November 19, 2018

LIFELINE


We need a fresh start
There is so much sadness
Eating up the world
I can not understand

Why everyone is silence
Yet the atmosphere is looming with violence
Tell me, is it actually true?
There is nothing anyone can do

I can not take this anymore
What the heck are we fighting for?
How can we face tomorrow?
If in every household there is sorrow

You may say I am not guilty
My heart is not filthy
I hold no grudges with anyone
I love my neighbors as much I love my son

But when last to your parents, you made a call?
When was the last time you gave aids to the poor?
Do you hold pride in your heart?
Do you for a reason wear envy in your heart?

Can't you see the world is crumbling over your head?
She is hopelessly falling apart, soon will be dead
You have all that the world is relying on
In someone's dark life, you can be the sun

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment