Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Sunday, November 18, 2018

NO ONE NOTICED



I have been wearing a smile
Fooling myself that I am happy
Do not want people to see my fear
I am trapped and drowning

I tried to make amends with myself
I am strong, so everyone can see
Hoping that someone will love me
My story will have a happy end

I could give my whole heart away
I would gamble with what I have
To that person who is right for me
I could never hold back for love

All I hope is if someone would come for me
Take me home and make me smile again
But it seems I am walking in circle
And can not find the path to my heart

People do not care, but judge me from afar
This I could tell, no matter how much disguise they wear
Wish life is much easier like it is told in fairy tale
The world would have be better having friends

Yet no one noticed how I struggled to survive
In a world crowded with selfish  minds
They only seek for personal affection
For the things they will kill to have

All Rights Reserved © Akan Udofia 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment