Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Blog about Art, Poetry and Prose

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU



I like it sometimes when you tell me a story
Do you remember when we first met?
You where every reason I always wanted to stay up late
Because I love spending time with you
With my eyes close I can give you my hands, walk with you and still be safe

I used to overhear people say that angels are beautiful
That’s exactly the way I feeling being around you
Spending the night with you seem the day will never come
Can you go to the window right now and look up at the sky
Did you notice a star that is shining brighter tonight?

And the sky wearing a beautiful smile waving at you
It's me reminding you that I will always be close to you
I care and will be watching over you all through the night
I rarely worry about tomorrow because I've got you
That’s the best thing that could ever happened to me

I still haven't figured out what has gotten into me
To love this much about you, but I am happy about it
It's hard not missing a day without you
Have you thought of practicing a speech you want to present in a board meeting?
Going through series of training to be the best on the pitch

Read daily to score high in the last semester exam
Wake up early every morning to catch the first train to the office so you don't run late
That’s how I feel because I want to be perfect for you
It's a price I am willing to pay if that’ll will my heart to you
I love you and will also be there for you


© Akan Udofia E.

No comments:

Post a Comment